They recommended that the federal government:
- Launch a Co-operative Investment Strategy with two components :
- A Canadian Co-operative Development Fund; and
- A federal Co-op Investment Plan
2. Make the federal Co-operative Development Initiative (CDI) permanent;
3. Expand the CDI into the new area of conversions to worker co-ops.
See the entire written presentation attached below.
For the audio visit scroll down to Meeting 58 at: http://www2.parl.gc.ca/CommitteeBusiness/CommitteeMeetings.aspx?Cmte=FINA&Language=E&Mode=1&Parl=40&Ses=3
In the picture is Hazel Corcoran, Peter Hough and Alain Bridault meeting Victoria MP Denise Savoie and Burnaby-New Westminster MP Peter Julian. They also met with Kings-Hants Nova Scotia MP Scott Brison (Peter Hough’s representative) and Honourable Jean-Pierre Blackburn, Minister of Veterans Affairs and Minister of State (Agriculture), a ministry that includes co-operatives.