The conference is structured e two distinct and consecutive events.
An International Symposium on transfer of business to work cooperatives ,
the 11-12-13 October 2011 with two goals.
- Valuing the alternative formula work cooperatives for the redemption of enterprises without successors.
- Develop expertise of stakeholders through the exchange and analysis of their practices.
A North American Congress on labor cooperation under the theme of » Cooperation without frontiers »
the 13-14-15 October 2011, with four goals.
- Provide network actors of cooperation Quebec labor, other Canadian provinces and US * first historic opportunity to meet and share their expertise.
- Develop expertise of these players through the exchange and analysis of best management practices and governance of a worker cooperative.
- Formally establish a North American association of labor cooperation that will become part of America CICOPA (International Committee of production and handicraft cooperatives).
- Prepare and announce a joint statement federations involved in public policy favorable to the emergence and development of worker cooperatives in preparation for the International Year of Cooperatives declared by the UN in 2012.