CWCF’s ‘Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (JEDI) Business Conversion Project’ seeks to empower business owners and potential owners from equity-denied groups through the Social Purpose Organization model (SPOs).
According to Economic and Social Development Canada, Social Purpose Organizations include the following:
The charitable and non-profit sector
- Registered charities
- Incorporated non-profit organizations
- Non-profit Co-operatives
The private sector
- Market sector Co-operatives
- Private businesses advancing a social or environmental mission
- Community Contribution Companies (British Columbia)
- Community Interest Companies (Nova Scotia)
See these links for more:
Consumer Co-operative Examples
What are some examples of business conversions/social acquisitions?
How does a business conversion work?