CWCF Executive Director Hazel Corcoran and President Alain Bridault made a presentation to the Standing Committee on Finance in Ottawa on February 15, 2011.
They recommended that the federal government:
- Launch a Co-operative Investment Strategy with two components :
- A Canadian Co-operative Development Fund; and
- A federal Co-op Investment Plan
2. Make the federal Co-operative Development Initiative (CDI) permanent;
3. Expand the CDI into the new area of conversions to worker co-ops.
See the entire written presentation attached below.
For the audio visit scroll down to Meeting 58 at: http://www2.parl.gc.ca/CommitteeBusiness/CommitteeMeetings.aspx?Cmte=FINA&Language=E&Mode=1&Parl=40&Ses=3