Webinar on Indivisible Reserves in Worker Co-ops
Webinar on Indivisible Reserves in Worker Co-ops, October 6 at 12 pm ET
Presented by Prof. Sonja Novkovic and Hazel Corcoran.
Attend this webinar to learn more about the concept of indivisible reserves in worker co-ops. In sum, an indivisible reserve is permanent co-operative capital. This approach strengthens capitalization, and supports longevity of co-operatives.
Topics discussed will include:
– What is an indivisible reserve?
– What are the benefits, including protection of the purpose of the co-operative and boosting its resilience? Are there any disadvantages?
– What is the situation in countries and regions where it is mandatory?
– What is CWCF’s approach to indivisible reserves?
– How can your co-op include an indivisible reserve in its bylaws?
– How do you reflect it in your accounting system?
You can read more about how indivisible reserves can be an antidote to the demutualization of worker co-ops, in this article. Those to whom this webinar is targeted are members of co-ops which have or may wish to create an indivisible reserve, and anyone interested in strengthening the worker co-op movement.
Please register here.