CWCF welcomes notifications of employment opportunities from worker co-ops and affiliated organizations. If your co-op has an employment opportunity you’d like posted, or is looking for additional members, please contact Communications and Member Services Manager Kaye Grant at email@example.com
CWCF Executive Assistant (Bilingual/Remote) Adjoint∙e administratif∙ve à la FCCT (bilingue/télétravail)
CWCF is seeing a an ambitious, results-driven Executive Assistant to support the Executive Director and other staff. This role requires a flexible, bilingual individual capable a performing a mix of tasks. This position can be remote. The position will be part-time (20 hours per week) starting as soon as possible. See more here.
La FCCT est à la recherche d’une personne adjointe administrative ambitieuse et axée sur les résultats. Cette personne appuiera la directrice générale et d’autres membres de l’équipe dans leurs activités quotidiennes. Le poste requiert d’être bilingue et de faire preuve de flexibilité et d’agilité pour mener à bien une diversité de tâches. Le travail peut s’effectuer à distance et il s’agit d’un poste à temps partiel (20 h/semaine). L’entrée en fonction se fera le plus tôt possible. Lire la suite…
Position: Sales Coordinator
Organization: Wood Shop Workers Co-op
Location: Vancouver, BC
Are you interested in honing your sales skills? Have you been curious about working with a local worker’s cooperative? This job may be for you!
Wood Shop Workers Co-op is adding to our team with a full-time permanent position starting immediately. As a worker-owned organization trying to do business differently, we’re looking for someone enthusiastic about our mandate who wants to grow in our company and help us realize positive social change through our work. This is not a woodworker position, although understanding of woodwork is an asset.
Senior Administrative Coordinator – deadline May 8
Full time, 1 year term, with possibility of extension
SEED Winnipeg is seeking a dedicated professional to have a senior role in our Administrative Team, providing reception at our Front Desk as well as coordinating and managing administrative processes for the Operations team and across the whole organization.
Women’s Economic Council – National Project Manager: 50-30 challenge
The Women’s Economic Council (WEC) is seeking a National Project Manager to engage a strong national advisory committee, a team of regional project managers and project staff as required in support of the 50-30 Challenge
The Project Manager will enable the Women’s Economic Council to accelerate the inclusion of more women, especially those in equity seek groups, into leadership positions in the co-operative sector. It will also raise awareness among women, especially those in equity seeking groups, of the many business, financial and other opportunities offered by the sector. It will also facilitate the active engagement of more women co-operative businesses and organizations.
Click here to read the full description and how to apply.
Application Deadline: March 23, 2022
Executive Director – Table of Impact Investment Practitioners – March 17
The Table of Impact Investment Practitioners, Canada’s community of practice for social finance intermediaries, is searching for a new Executive Director.
This is a part-time contract position, with the potential to evolve to full time. TIIP’s new Executive Director can be located in any part of Canada. For more information about the Table for Impact Investment Practitioners, visit www.tiip.ca.
If this sounds like you, please send your resume along with a letter of interest stating compensation expectations to TIIP@socialenterprisefund.ca prior to March 31, 2022.
TIIP values diversity and is committed to equity, inclusion and understanding intersectionality. These principles guide how we strive to build our team, membership and a thriving social finance ecosystem in Canada. We are particularly keen to hear from those who identify as Black, Indigenous, Asian or minority ethnic, LGBTQIA, people who are disabled or with caring responsibilities,, those with learning differences, from a less advantaged socioeconomic background as well as any other under-represented group in our workforce.
La Siembra – March 8
Communications Coordinator – Bilingual – Full time
Are you a writer and communicator who delivers clear and concise messages? Do you have some experience in communications coordination and are you bilingual? If so, join our dynamic team where democracy, participation and transparency are the core values!
Job status: Permanent, full-time position
Immediate superior: the Marketing Manager in collaboration with the Executive Director
Apply by March 18
Beetbox – December 28
Position: Organic Vegetable Farmer
Farm: BeetBox Co-operative Farm
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Term: Start of April to end of October with possibility of extension until the end of November, 3-4 days/week
BeetBox is looking for a committed worker and potential future co-op member to join our small team of young, enthusiastic organic vegetable farmers this 2022 growing season! Come work hard doing something good in a beautiful setting close to home – we’re only 25 minutes from downtown Ottawa!
Okay, so… we consider ourselves cool or at least we think so :), but we still wrote one of these fluffy Purpose, Mission, Vision statements. Here it is!
PURPOSE OF BEETBOX:
The purpose of BeetBox is to contribute to driving a cultural shift towards sustainable food production, consumption, and democratic ownership.
MISSION OF BEETBOX:
- Produce agricultural and food products organically
- Sell products locally
- Provide fair employment in farming
- Provide co-op ownership and housing opportunities to workers, and
- Provide opportunities for our community to engage with our activities and the land we steward.
VISION OF BEETBOX:
A world where humans participate harmoniously in our local ecosystems by enjoying the process of feeding ourselves sustainably.
CULTURE OF BEETBOX:
BeetBox looks to create a culture where workers and customers alike find themselves smiling more than frowning. We aim to support each other for mutual achievements. We strive for open, transparent communication among the team. We deeply respect each other, ourselves, and the land. We build community, we smash racist colonial patriarchy, and we have fun!
About the Job:
- All of the steps of organic vegetable production including but not limited to:
- Harvesting, washing, and packing vegetables.
- Planting, weeding, pruning, trellising and irrigating crops in the field and greenhouses.
- Set up of the farm store
- Volunteer management / supervision
- Friendly interaction with our customers during CSA pick-up and store hours
- Property and equipment maintenance, fixing stuff
- Other varied tasks around the farm as appropriate
Schedule and Remuneration
- Start of April until the end of October
- 3-4 weekdays / week (24-32 hours), Thursdays and Fridays required
- Occasional weekend/evening work may be required
- 8:00 – 5:00 April-May, 7:00 – 4:00 June-October
- Good attitude, enthusiam and sense of humour!
- Experience in farming or other outdoor physical work is an asset
- Happy working solo or in a team
- Good physical fitness and stamina – lots of bending, crouching, and lifting required
- Ability to do repetitive tasks quickly and precisely
- Resilience to working in all weather conditions
- Clear and concise communication skills
- Creative problem solving skills
- Willingness to adapt to change in a dynamic environment
- Keenness to improve efficiency in all our systems and processes
- Bilingualism is an asset
Preference given to
- Interest in future co-op membership
- Experience marketing vegetables or other products
- Someone with social media skills
- Store and re-sale products management
- Our farm is surrounded by forest, right beside the Ottawa river, in Ottawa’s Greenbelt between Nepean and Kanata North
- Learn how to grow food with and for your community
- Stay in shape without going to the gym
- We’ll definitely have extra fresh produce to share with you, the equivalent of approx. one small weekly basket
- Opportunity for future employment beyond the 2021 season and increased involvement in the co-operative
- Eligibility to become a member of the co-op (farm co-owner) following one season of employment
- Housing opportunities available
How to apply
If the above appeals to you and you’d like to be part of the amazing 2022 Beetbox team, please send your resume with a brief introduction/cover letter email to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 15th and we’ll get back to candidates of interest with the next steps!
Applications due January 14
The majority of SSG’s work comes from proposals submitted to competitive bids to local governments. A proposal is a story of our history, our future, and what we currently have to offer in response to some of the greatest challenges of our time. SSG takes pride in ensuring thoughtful, beautiful, and compelling proposals that capture the insights and methods that we will apply to address each specific challenge.
Working with the Business Development Team, the Proposal Coordinator and Writer will be responsible for ensuring that SSG proposals are of the highest quality, in terms of both the writing and the final look and feel. This role requires someone who is, first and foremost, a persuasive writer and critical thinker; someone who is organized, creative, articulate, and efficient; someone who cares deeply about aesthetics and who is collaborative and enthusiastic.
In addition to proposal-focused work, all workers at SSG contribute to SSG’s strategic and organizational development. The Coordinator will be expected to assist and/or lead internal projects related to strategic development, organizational knowledge management, or internal organizational equity work, among other things, on an as-needed basis.
SSG’s ideal candidate is looking for long-term employment, with an interest in becoming a committed member-owner of the co-operative.
Positions: Delivery Person (December 5)
Organization: Shift Delivery Co-op
Location: Vancouver, BC
Shift Delivery Co-op is a Vancouver-based worker-owned cooperative. We use electric cargo tricycles to deliver goods around the city while reducing our carbon footprint and impacting our communities in a positive way by promoting human interactions & having fun!
Our scheduling is flexible for different lifestyles, the work is interesting, and we support our team towards building the lives they want to live.
Come join us!
Position: Part-Time or Full-Time Delivery Person aka “Triker”
Number of Positions: 2+
Wage: $17.00/hr to start + extended health benefits + regular raises
To thrive at Shift we are looking for folks who…
- Enjoy being outside riding, no matter the weather
- Can be comfortable handling up to 50lbs over short distances (we use hand carts!)
- Have a great attitude – friendly & professional, willing to learn
- Are safe road users & comfortable being around traffic
- Can ideally stay for at least 6 months
Organic Planet – Winnipeg (November 16)
La Siembra (September 30)